Make a difference. Make friends. Get involved. Volunteer.
UCP of Berkshire County has exciting volunteer opportunities for individuals of all ages: from school-age students to adults. Volunteering at one of our many events, or with The Berkshire Talking Chronicle are just two of the many volunteer opportunities we have available.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Joni Thomas at email@example.com or 413-442-1562, ext. 11.
Marketing and Development Intern
This internship will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to grow and build a foundation in the marketing and development field by having direct impact on the function, productivity and organization of the department. Candidates will assist in numerous and varied projects including assisting in the planning of special events, conducting research, managing critical administrative projects, and writing content for various external audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update addresses, phone numbers and emails in donor database
- Track, update and maintain marketing materials for internal and external distribution
- Draft e‐newsletter and website articles, as well as social media content; may include interviewing staff, attending events, taking photos
- Manage various large‐scale administrative projects; developing electronic and physical filing system, coordination of large mailings
- Contribute to inter‐/intradepartmental workflow creation
- Exercise good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors, and staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High-school graduate, some college with interest in non‐profit development, marketing and communications with energy, creativity and excellent attention to detail
- Superior oral, written, presentation and phone communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and some knowledge of fundraising and communications software (Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher; Adobe Photoshop, InDesign; Constant Contact; WordPress; etc.)
- Must be able to function well in group and team settings, as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform effectively and expeditiously under tight deadlines
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Must be able to pass background check
If interested in applying for any position, please email Kristen Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé.
United Cerebral Palsy of Berkshire County is an equal opportunity employer.